Therapy Services in Oakland, CA
- Grief and loss
- Lack of motivation
- Anger, irritability, low frustration tolerance
- Relationship difficulties
- Identity concerns
- Concerns related to the identification of social roles, being a part of a targeted group, a person of color, or part of the LGBTQI community
- Sexual development, including sexual desire, sexual identity, and sexual orientation
- Education and career indecision
- Difficulties meeting goals
- Premarital counseling
- Improving communication
- Identifying more effective ways of problem solving
- Increasing emotional affection & intimacy
- Repairing ruptures in the relationship
- Managing anger and domestic violence concerns
- Navigating open and polyamorous relationships
- Working through concerns related to infidelity
- Increasing trust and safety
- Developing the tools to manage competing roles (e.g., work, relationships, & children)
- Contending with difficulties related to infertility
- Identifying ways to navigate concerns related to difficult transitions (e.g., death of a loved one, loss of a child, adoption, chronic/terminal illness, unemployment, & financial stress)
I am an “out of network” provider, which means that I do not work directly with insurance companies. If your health insurance carrier allows you to choose an out-of-network provider, as most PPO plans do, I can provide you with a statement of services/Super Bill to enable you to seek reimbursement from your insurance carrier. I would encourage you to speak with your insurance carrier to verify coverage for out-of-network providers and for rates of reimbursement.
It can be helpful to ask your carrier the following questions to clarify your coverage for out-of-network providers:
- What are my mental health benefits?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider for individual sessions?
- What is my deductible, and has it been met for the current year? (This is the amount you will have to pay out-of-pocket before your benefits even start.)
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover? (Some plans have limits.)
- Is pre-certification required? And if so, where can I find the required paperwork?
Once you receive this information, I am happy to talk with you about any questions that you may have.